Downhill Coaching: Improve your descending
Downhill is the most intense and technical aspect of mountain biking which means your skill level is paramount to smooth and fast riding. A coaching session with Sick Skills will give you all the knowledge and feedback to push your skills to the limit!
Here at Sick Skills we focus on getting the basics dialled so we can then develop the more advanced skills. These methods allow us to work with beginners through to total professionals. So don’t worry if you think it’s too advanced or too simple, these sessions cater to everyone.
So you are interested in a downhill coaching session but you want to know a bit more detail? Here is the general day plan:
• 10am start – Meet up at the location and get acquainted with everyone
• Have a discussion about the days plans and make sure everyone is happy
• If required we will do a quick session on bike setup to make sure everyones bikes are in tune with the rider
• Head up hill to start working on the two fundamental skills involved in downhill (body positioning and braking). You could be a complete beginner or a pro racer but these two skills are the most important, everything else builds on them.
• Lunch, feedback, video analysis (depending on session), Q&A.
• Back up the hill to start getting more advanced. Work on building up speed while keeping things smooth and controlled. Depending on terrain we’ll also work on cornering, jumping, roots, rocks, drops, pretty much everything you need to improve your downhill skills.
• 4pm Finish – Round things up, chat about progress, set future goals and targets then head home after a great day.
Downhill Coaching Dates:
Pre Season Coaching (Sessions with a racing focus)
26th February – Dunkeld – 0 spaces – £175 (uplift included) COMPLETE
Standard Downhill Coaching
25th March – The Mast, Inverness – 2 spaces – £130 Book Now
21st May – Nevis Range – 6 spaces – £130 (uplift to be purchased on day) Book Now
15th July – Dunkeld – 6 spaces – £155 (Uplift Included) Book Now
See you on the trails!