Sick Skills Development Team: Unleash the potential
The Sick Skills development team takes talented young riders, guides and supports them through a season of racing, coaching and good times helping them to progress, win races and eventually take on the world.
DO YOU WANT TO RIDE FOR SICK SKILLS?
2014 Selection Day!
Sick Skills will be running a selection day on the 18th of January 2014. There are 12 spaces on the selection day and a maximum of 4 available spots on the Development Team. The event will be a fun day out at Innerleithen from 10am -4pm with plenty of riding, coaching and tips. Riders will be informed at a later date if they have made the team. *Due to the time of year the date and location are flexible* **Selection day is a free event and there is no fee to join the team**
If you are racing the full SDA series and you will be in the Juvenile or Youth category for 2014 you are eligible!
To be in with a chance of attending the selection day simply send a CV to Ben Cathro. Make this as elaborate or as simple as you want but count the following as a necessity:
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Past race results
- About you
- 2014 goals
- Why do you want to be on the team
- If you can add anything else to make you stand out, go for it!
What does the Sick Skills Development Team offer?
The team is not just about winning medals. It’s a group of like minded individuals, riding bikes, having a great time and learning every step of the way. It’s the perfect environment to help the rider perform at their best. You can ride your own bike and kit and keep any personal sponsors then supplement it with some of the great support offered by the team. The specifics are still being organised but right now Sick Skills can confirm
- 2 team training sessions (1 pre season and 1 mid season)
- Individual training regimes
- Personalised Sick Skills Development Team race jersey
- Advice, support and guidance at the SDA series from Pro racer Ben Cathro
- Bike setup advice and maintenance at the SDA series when available
- Base yourself in the Sick Skills race pits at the SDA series, where you can hang out, talk about lines, maintain your bikes and chill.
- Year round tips and advice from Ben Cathro
- Big discounts on One Industries race kit, Maxxis Tyres and 661 Armour.
- Trade price bike parts from Singletrackbikes.co.uk
- Nevis Range Season Pass
- Free uplifts with Uplift Scotland
- Free Race entries
- and several more
This is a unique opportunity, apply before the 5th of January to be in with a chance.